K E L L I E S P I R I T U
Forgiven // Wife & Mother // Motivational Speaker // Assistant Varsity Softball Coach // Spiritual Abuse Survivor // Former Director of Kid’s Ministry & Awana Commander // Ministry Advocate // Author // Blogger
MEET MISS KELLI
I have been serving families in the local church since 1991. Without a doubt Kid’s Ministry is my passion and this blog’s purpose is to give back to children’s workers and families in ways others have given back to me. As I enter my 24th year of ministry, I discover everyday that there’s a lot I still don’t know. However, I’ve realized I am now a Seasoned Saint designed to come along side others who desire to learn.
It doesn’t matter in what I’ve built, what matters is whom I’m building into.
This blog is the place for me to:
BE HELPFUL BY BEING HONEST
SHARE MY MINISTRY EXPERIENCES THAT SPAN OVER TWO DECADES
(Not gonna lie…I also pray that my future grandchildren can get to know more about me here. I pray they catch me being an example of amazing grace and that God can take a child of divorce & dysfunction and use that life for Kingdom work.)
In the future you’ll find posts that deal with:
- TEACHER TRAINING & TIPS
- MINISTRY LIFE
You’ll also find me “Keeping it Real” as I share my journey as a survivor of Spiritual Abuse.
I have accomplished much in my ministry career here in the valley of central California. There’s a special indescribable joy from overseeing Kid’s Ministry. The friends that have become like family, witnessing the lives that changed because of Sunday School, VBS, AWANA and Wagon Train Camp. Living life with those I served is something I will forever cherish.
But even though the joy is priceless…I believe I have benefited more from the suffering. I have fallen more in love with Jesus having survived the storms He allowed.
I know there are many like me who serve or have served in ministry and suffer in silence. Abused and confused.
I pray you understand that the journey that Christ is taking you through is survivable. It’ll be taken care of in HIS timing. I promise.
I pray by sharing my story, some part of it will empower and remind you that God allowed the trial and He isn’t surprised by it. He wants to reveal Himself to you in ways you’ve only read about. Christ is in this trial, storm, drama, situation…this meantime. What will you do as you wait for heavenly answers to earthly prayers?
God has a perfect purpose even in the pain… if we surrender in utter obedience to His will in our lives.
My journey isn’t over but as I heal and post, I hope you are encouraged and reminded of God’s love.
EMAIL ME AT firstname.lastname@example.org FOR AVAILABLE DATES & TOPIC DETAILS
WORKSHOP LISTINGS AND TRAINING TOPICS
Team Building Workshops | KidMin Workshops | Leadership Workshops | Parenting
- 5 Reasons Why You Don’t Have Enough Volunteers
- 5 Regrettable (But Common) Ways Parents Set Up Their Kids to Fail
- 5 Ways to Stay True to Your Calling
- 5 Strategies to Raise Children Who Love Jesus
- 5 Best Ways to Develop Relationships With the Families You Serve
- 6 Ways Leaders Ambush Themselves
- 7 Things Every Volunteer Needs to Know
- 10 Proven Strategies to Develop Relationships with Parents and Children
- Advice on How to Attract, Engage and Keep Volunteers
- Alarmed by Fear Assured by Faith – Insights from the Prophet Samuel
- Benefits of Self Awareness
- Best Practices for Success in Ministry
- Best Practices to Leverage Social Media in Ministry
- Best Practices to Increase Your Leadership Capacity
- Best Ways to Attract, Train and Keep Your Volunteers
- Best Ways to Prepare to Teach Sunday School
- Developing a Leadership Team Concept
- Engaging Kids in Worship
- From the Pit to the Palace: A Lesson on Obedience
- Good Teachers Becoming Great Teachers
- How to Best Share God’s Truth With Children
- How to Keep Your Volunteers Coming Back for More
- How to Engage & Lead Kid’s Worship
- How to Effectively Minister to Families of 2016
- Identifying Your Strengths in Ministry and Why it Matters
- Insights on Transition – Best Practices as You Leave or Begin
- Interactive Solutions to Church Conflict
- Navigating Generational Changes in Ministry
- Parenting That Leaps Over Common Pitfalls
- Plan Something for Them or They’ll Plan Something for You
- Pulling Back the Curtain on Spiritual Abuse – My Story of Redemption
- Some Advice on Becoming a TEAM Player
- Some Advice on How to Best Prepare to Teach Sunday School
- Surviving Spiritual Abuse
- Timeless Secrets to Classroom Management
- What Every Children’s Teacher Needs to Know
- What to Do When Your Life is Interrupted
CONFERENCES AND SPEAKING VENUES WHERE I’VE SPOKEN
AND WHERE I SPEAK ANNUALLY *
- Awana Leadership Conferences – Bakersfield, Burbank, Upland, Westminster *
- Beachpointe Church, Fountain Valley, Ca.
- Calvary Chapel Bakersfield, Bakersfield, Ca.
- Calvary Chapel Boise – Boise, Idaho
- Calvary Bible, Burbank, Ca.
- Calvary Chapel Children’s Conference – CC Bible College, Murietta, Ca.
- Calvary Chapel Chino Hills, Ca.
- Calvary Chapel Green Valley – Henderson, NV
- Calvary Chapel Lancaster, Lancaster, Ca.
- Calvary Chapel North Long Beach, Long Beach, Ca.
- Calvary Rio Rancho – Rio Rancho, NM.
- Calvary Chapel South Bay – Children’s Ministry Servants Conference*
- Christian Ministry Training Association (CMTA) – Pasadena, Ca. *
- Concord Church, Los Angeles Ca.
- Cornerstone Church, Long Beach, Ca.
- Divergent: Not Conformed Student Leadership Conference, Pasadena, Ca.
- First Church of Nazarene, Pasadena Ca.
- First Evangelical Church of San Gabriel Valley
- Group’s KidMin Conference Panel & Ministry Conversation Leader, Chicago IL
- North Shore Christian Fellowship – Haleiwa, Hawaii
- Shalom Church of Southern California, Gardena, Ca.
- South Bay Community Church – Torrence, Ca.
- Water of Life Community Church, Fontana Ca.
MISS KELLI’S MINISTRY CONTRIBUTIONS
- AWANA CLUBS WORKSHOP PRESENTER/TRAINER
- BAKERSFIELD GIVES THANKS COMMITTEE
- BAKERSFIELD.COM WEB TV/TALK RADIO SHOW “FIRST LOOK” GUEST
- BAKERSFIELD.COM WEB TV/TALK RADIO SHOW “OPEN UP” GUEST
- CALVARY CHAPEL CHILDREN’S CONFERENCE MINISTRY BOARD
- CELEBRITY READER OLD RIVER, PANAMA & MILLER ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
- CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES TRAINING ASSOCIATION (CMTA) BOARD MEMBER
- CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES TRAINING ASSOCIATION (CMTA) RESOURCE
- CHILDREN MINISTRY YOUTH LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE BOARD
- GOSPEL LIGHT 3rd/4th GRADE CONTRIBUTING EDITOR
- GROUP PUBLISHING KIDMIN REGROUP
- GROUP PUBLISHING KIDMIN CONFERENCE INSIDE TRACK TEAM
- FELLOWSHIP OF CHRISTIAN ATHLETES (FCA) SPEAKER -Stockdale High School
- FELLOWSHIP OF CHRISTIAN ATHLETES (FCA) POWER CAMP COACH
- KERN COUNTY ORAL LANGUAGE JUDGE 2016
- KEYNOTE – RELEASE TIME OF CHINO HILLS CONFERENCE
- KIDMIN RESOURCE PANEL
- KIDZ AT HEART SOCIAL MEDIA CONTRIBUTOR
- ORAL LANGUAGE JUDGE, STOCKDALE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
- ORAL LANGUAGE DISTRICT JUDGE PBVUSD
- POWER JAMZ 104.3 WAKE UP SHOW CONTRIBUTOR
- RESOURCE PANEL – CMYLC
- YMCA CONSULTANT
ADDITIONAL MINISTRY CONTRIBUTIONS
GROUP Publishing Children’s Ministry Magazine Article Contributor:
7 BASICS EVERY VOLUNTEER NEEDS TO KNOW